Just thought I’d update all five of my readers that all’s well but busy here.
- Oldest Son just turned six.
- Oldest Son goes back to school in 107 hours, 55 minutes.
- Husby (computer network engineer) is trying to anecdotally and statistically prove that 9 times out of 10, when he gets a trouble call, it’s actually not the network. Though tonight was apparently that 1 out of 10.
- Youngest Son (3-1/2) today built a “trumpet” out of various household objects, the sum total of which is longer than our sofa.
- Chaya the dog starts obedience school a week from tomorrow. It is not too soon. She’s a sweet 2-year-old Lab/Chow mix, but she barks at air particles and eats used tissues.
- I have a bad cold so there are a lot of used tissues around.
- My next novel currently stands at just over 60,000 words, though it will be closer to 80,000 when it’s completed.
- If I can write 238 words an hour (that’s about four words per minute), for twelve hours a day (not including Shabbat), I can be done in a week.
- My last official typing test clocked me at 94 accurate words per minute. But I didn’t have to make them up as I was typing them.
- I am currently reading Earlene Fowler’s “Benni Harper Mystery” series and really enjoying them. Enough so that I often would rather be reading than writing.
- I have actually learned quite a bit about writing description from studying Earlene Fowler’s writing as I read.
- My current “sticking” scenes (the ones giving me the most problems) involve Sara’s sometimes painful attempts to change her role from “the rabbi’s wife” to “the rebbetzin.”
Guess I’d better get back to it.
Yom huledet sameach to Jack’s oldest son!
My oldest son turned 6 on December 29.